CSA stands for Community Supported Agriculture. It is a membership program for the farm. Many different variations of CSA programs exist all over the country, and the concept has been around for a long time, but was popularized in the 80’s. It’s a great benefit to farmers because it allows community members to support the farm by providing the cash flow to start the next season by purchasing and paying for their share in one lump sum during the less productive winter months.
For customers, it’s a great way to support a local business, ensure that you’ll have a steady supply of delicious, local, chemical-free vegetables all season, and have an opportunity to try new veggies that you may not necessarily chose for yourself at the market. Also, as a member of the farm, you are privy to the inner-workings of the farm, have volunteer opportunities, a say in decision-making, and a close connection with your food and those who grow it!
Here’s the plan:
- You will receive weekly shares for 24 weeks– May- October
- The Standard weekly shares will include 8-9 veggies per week, depending on availability (most weeks will have 9!) We also offer a half share, with 4-5 veggie choices per week, and a bi-weekly share. The bi-weekly share has 8-9 choices every other week.
- We will have a free choice system, where you can choose your favorite vegetables each week. If we have a surplus of a certain vegetable we may choose to have each member receive that item, giving you a chance to try something new!
- We will have 3 pick up points, one in Cumberland, one in Frostburg and one in Accident (we’re open to establishing additional pick up locations if we have a lot of demand).
- Shares will be packed in cooler bags with our logo and your name. Each member gets 2 complimentary cooler bags.
- In addition to veggies there will be various “add-on” options including things like honey, flowers, eggs, cheese, microgreens, bread, and protein options like chicken, pork and beef (for an additional cost). You can also order extra veggies each week if you would like to add to your share.
Thank you for your support!
We are FULL FOR THE 2022 SEASON!
WE MAY BE OPENING SPOTS MID-SEASON, SO SIGN UP BELOW IF YOU WANT TO BE THE FIRST TO KNOW!
What our members are saying:
“First class experience; your newsletter is great; you are extremely responsive; your produce is excellent and you and your family are always so welcoming!”– 2021 member
“(We) felt like we were valued customers and Allison was always quick to communicate with us! I kept a running list and using our first farm share this year, we tried over 15 new recipes! I loved trying new things and getting to expand our palette. It also made me feel great to know I was getting less processed options especially during pregnancy!”- 2021 member
“I absolutely love the selection. It helps me get my greens in my diet. I throw everything in a salad. The quality and taste are exceptional. I have been known to just pick out some greens from the refrigerator and munch away! Everything is that good!”– 2021 member
“I love that you helped us to try foods that we don’t normally eat. I enjoyed opening my bag and seeing all of the great foods and preparing our menu for the week off of our bounty. Lastly, it was wonderful getting to meet you all and eating more locally”. – 2020 member
“Love the variety and veggies new to us (swiss chard, bok choy, kohlrabi) and all of the lettuce, particularly salanova. Eggs are wonderful, and love add-on breads. Really enjoy the Newsletter and the sample recipes”. – 2020 member
“Everything is put together so beautifully & efficiently. The items are so clean! Love the add-ons. Everyone is so happy and eager to please”. -2020 member
“Everything is always very fresh and it has expanded my cooking skills with the different varieties. I have tried so many different foods thanks to you all! It turns out that I love radishes and Swiss chard isn’t too bad. Plus, I’ve dropped a few pounds eating much better!” – 2020 member
2022 Season Pricing
Full/Standard Share: $540 for 24 weeks ($22.50/week for 8-9 items)
Half Share: $372 for 24 weeks ($15.50/week for 5 items)
Bi-Weekly Share: $306 for 12 weeks ($25.50/week for 8-9 items)